American Express Careers
Engineer - Informatica
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world.
If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
- Serving as a core member of an Agile team that leads user story analysis
- and elaboration, designs and develops Software applications
- Responsible for the applications architecture / technical design & build, work/coordinate with other team’s Architect, Engineers and Vendors as necessary.
- Writing code and unit tests, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing.
- Identifying exciting technology modernization opportunities for adopting new open-source based Technology tools & products to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement.
- Working with Product Managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of Technical requirements based on Industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- Strong contributor in complex Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence project implementations.
- Proven experience in working directly with business customers.
- Data analysis skills - ability to dig in and understand complex models and business processes.
- Data profiling experience.
- Defining and implementing data integration architecture.
- Proven problem-solving / problem-resolution abilities.
- Quickly generate and updating proof of concepts for testing and team feedback.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices.
- 3-5 years of experience with Data Warehouse ETL design, development and maintenance with successful implementation of large Enterprise BI solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing.
- Expertise with Java/J2EE and Spring.
- Expertise with building RESTful APIs.
- Expertise in objected-oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms.
- Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, Web Service technologies, and data structure fundamentals.
- Advanced Informatica development experience and production support of Informatica in a large data warehouse type environment.
- Experience using Oracle, Netezza, and/or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Highly proficient in SQL and PL/SQ.
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements.
- Strong SQL skills including complex query building and query performance tuning.
- Strong UNIX shell scripting skills.
- Strong understanding of Data Warehousing design concepts/skills.
- Strong Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling (relational, dimensional data modeling).
- Provide technical recommendations to improve efficiency of Data Management /ETL process.
- Strong ETL performance tuning skills. The ability to quickly and efficiently analyze and resolve performance issues within variety of operational environments.
- Create proactive alerts/notifications to identify when data load anomalies occur.
- Create/ maintain database objects such as tables, views, indexes, constraints, and SQL code, and stored procedures and shell scripts.
- Ensure data quality and integrity within each data set and support linkage to other appropriate data sets in consistent manner. This includes testing and validating any new database design against previous data structures.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data concerning production volumes, batch schedules, and i/o statistics
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external Business partners.
- Highly collaborative, self-starter, Technical contributor, outstanding communication practices.
- Data analysis experience is a big plus.
- Experience with a broad range of software languages.
- Financial business domain knowledge will be a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time