American Express Careers
Business Planning Analyst
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Our Global Corporate Services teams develop and deliver innovative, compelling and award-wining solutions that provide businesses all sizes greater visibility and control of their spend. With significant global investment, we’re continuing to boost our UK team and product portfolio.
As Business Planning Analyst, you will provide strategic, commercial and analytical support to the GCS UK leadership team, as well as day-to-day support to the senior leaders leading these teams.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly individual scorecard tracking to ensure accurate measurements against plan
- Monthly updates of performance reporting for our Sales & Account Development teams, enabling them to accurately monitor their performance and achieve their targets
- Take a leading role in the validation and processing of quarterly Sales Incentives and related activities (e.g. target setting, opportunity tagging, team hierarchy management)
- Project support on both tactical and strategic initiatives affecting GCS
- Support Business Planning Manager in responding to ad hoc requests from both within our teams and across the Blue Box
- Supporting growth initiatives through industry and portfolio analysis, understanding of specific trends to replicate best practices across the industry segments
- Support on regular Business Unit Review (BUR) presentations.
- This involves extensive data gathering, analysis and strategic thinking in order to prepare senior management for strategic reviews of the business with various senior leadership groups.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong financial and analytical skills, with the ability to manage, manipulate and analyse large volumes of complex business data
- Thorough and up to date understanding of the relevant market/industry regulatory and competitive landscape
- Knowledge of the card issuing business, financial dynamics and key profitability levers
- Strong financial modelling skills (Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to create and deliver compelling presentations
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, while juggling multiple projects and maintaining a keen attention to detail
- Innovative thinker who can leverage outstanding analytical skills to solve problems and navigate through ambiguity
- Self-starter and team player who can work efficiently and effectively alone as well as part of a team
- Positive, can-do attitude, encompassing a strong will to win
- Knowledge of GCS, Salesforce.com and SAS systems and experience of working within a pan-European team would be advantageous.
- Post graduate qualification e.g. Accountancy / Project Management - advantageous but not essential
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time