American Express Careers
Sr Mgr Business Strategy Exec
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
• Opportunity to join an exciting team of professionals dedicated to driving improved economics, efficiency and effectiveness across GSN functions but with primary focus on the Customer Fulfillment Network. The incumbent will be a program / portfolio lead in the Network Engineering and Optimization (NEO) team and will be expected to
• Identify, quantify, manage & support multiple programs / projects aimed at driving Re-engineering and Transformation measures of success.
• Manage projects with diverse and geographically dispersed cross-functional teams, utilizing structured methodologies.
• Plan tasks and milestones, manage deliverables to deadlines and hold people accountable without direct authority.
• Manage communication with project customers and stakeholders through compelling written and verbal status reporting.
• Responsibilities include identifying, prioritizing, and executing key priorities supporting demand optimization, efficiency enhancement, digital transformation, and value generation for the organization.
• Evaluating the feasibility of projects using financial and statistical tools and creating and delivering robust proposals to gain buy-in / support.
• Understand, develop and articulate Business Needs, User Stories, & Functional Requirements for Development Lifecycle wherever investments are sourced (Decision Support Systems, User Interfaces, Process Workflows, Automation Scripts, Reporting / MIS tools, Agile Methodology).
• Participate in the development and implementation of complex process improvements and business transformation projects in an effort to enable Customer Care Professionals in the delivery of Extraordinary Customer Care at the right margins.
• Engage, develop and lead a team of professional Project Managers/Industrial Engineers to deliver Re-engineering benefits.
• This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
• Requires strong project management, thought leadership, decision-making skills and the ability to resolve complex problems independently.
• Proven ability to manage projects end to end through the project lifecycle using structured methodologies.
• Ability to influence, lead and communicate at all levels. Ability to challenge the status quo, remove organizational barriers, influence without authority, and break down strategies into tactical and manageable plans with minimal guidance.
• Capacity to be agile and pivot appropriately when challenged with new information or evolving circumstances.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills. Demonstrated experience in general management, statistics, data mining, quantitative and financial analysis is required. Experience in the evaluation, analysis and optimization of operational processes required.
• Experience in financial services / contact centers or other service industry is a plus.
• The candidate must possess high motivation, enthusiasm and dedication to deliver results within strict timeframes.
• Ability to build relationships and partner with others to drive results.
• Ability to nurture the development of others.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Working knowledge of statistical tools and exposure to industry recognized structured methodologies viz. PMP, Agile, strongly preferred.
• Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time