American Express Careers
Manager / Senior Manager Marketing Email Strategy and Operations
American Express is looking for a high performing Manager to lead strategy and operations for our email marketing channel. This opportunity sits within the Global Marketing Operations (GMO) organization and specifically on the Digital Content and Operations team. The team is responsible for effectively delivering and implementing digital content across web and email marketing channels globally.
Reporting into the Director of Digital Content and Operations, the successful candidate will support day-to-day campaign operations, working closely with our email vendors, internal marketers, and the email platform team to drive new enhancements to the channel with the goal of improving campaign performance. This person will also play in integral role in supporting enterprise-wide transformational initiatives for one of our largest marketing channels in close partnership with Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA) and the broader GMO organization.
This role provides an opportunity to work in an exciting area of digital marketing and to shape the future of the email channel at American Express:
- Support day-to-day campaign operations for all US customer email marketing programs to ensure timely, accurate deployment of campaigns
- Shape scalable and efficient processes within the email ecosystem to support business objectives, in close partnership with the email product team, email vendors, data science teams, and broader marketing stakeholders.
- Enable next-generation digital marketing functionality including E2E workflow development, send-time optimization, and real-time data display technology
- Lead change management efforts to roll-out new channel functionality across key stakeholders.
- Minimum 5-7 years of email marketing, operations or digital product strategy experience required (knowledge of email platforms or Email Service Providers a plus)
- Strong strategic mindset and customer focus
- Process oriented – enjoys finding ways to streamline and optimize the status quo
- Comfortable interacting equally with both marketing and technology partners
- Energetic and self-driven personality with a persistent desire to learn and grow professionally
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time