American Express Careers
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
The Internal Audit Group (IAG) delivers independent and objective assurance services that support management in striking the balance between risk and controls, and help the Board of Directors fulfil its governance responsibilities. We help the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes. We perform independent process, financial, compliance, and technology audits, consistent with professional standards. IAG also reviews specific operations or processes at the request of the Audit Committee or Senior Leadership.
- Assist team leaders, senior/managers, and other senior auditors in accomplishing audit objectives in a team environment
- Participate as a key team member on audit projects
- Understand, identify, evaluate and document key risks and controls.
- Document processes under review
- Demonstrate a solid knowledge of audit and proper application of sampling techniques
- Work with managers /team leaders to develop audit test steps and can assume responsibility for key process areas of moderate complexity
- Execute audit tests competently in accordance with policies and procedures, and with moderate/minnimal supervision
- Summarize and communicate results
- Develop recommendations to close identified control gaps
- Proficient use of automated work papers and other department and company tools
- Maintain internal audit competency through ongoing professional development
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate that they have the following essential core skills and proven abilities:
- Strong experience in the banking industry within a public accounting, finance and/or internal audit function.
- University degree in accounting or finance relevant field, advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, related field or equivalent experience
- Professional Certification (ACA, ACCA, CIA, CPA, or equivalent)
- Understanding of regulatory, accounting, financial industry guidance and best practices relevant to the business, including technology implications
- Knowledge and experience in control theory and professional auditing practices
- Understanding of business technologies and its impact to control practices
- Effectively integrates business, operational, technological, and financial components in audit work
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions to complex control, financial, or technical issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver high quality, actionable feedback on a variety of complex issues to executive and line management on control issues and potential solutions to close control gaps
- Effectively works independently within a team construct, while supporting teamwork and achievement of team objectives
- Ability to travel
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time