American Express Careers
Director, Technology - Strategic Planning & Value Management
Global Commercial Services (GCS) Technology is responsible for the technology solutions for American Express B2B customers globally, building products and capabilities that support our SMEs (small and medium size enterprises) and large and global clients.
As a critical growth area for American Express, we are looking for someone to join the team as Director of Strategic Planning and Value Management. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Global Commercial Services Technology, this person will play a critical role in developing the GCS Technology strategy and pivoting the organization to focus on Value Train Management.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Work in partnership with Global Commercial Services Product Owners, Engineering Vice Presidents and the GCS Architecture team, to create Technology 3-year strategy in support of GCS business strategy.
- Work in partnership with Enterprise Centers of Excellence and Architecture team to ensure GCS business strategy is a driver of Enterprise platform roadmaps.
- Ensure GCS Technology strategy turned into executable roadmap and track progress against that roadmap.
- Identify roadblocks to strategy execution and collaborate with key stakeholders to remove those roadblocks.
- Engage and influence all key stakeholders to focus on Value Train management, shifting focus towards capacity management, and ensuring consistent value driven prioritization.
- Proven experience in change management and strategic planning.
- Background working in sizeable, complex organization(s), with proven ability to transform organizations from Waterfall to mature Agile delivery.
- Understanding of design thinking principles and ability to implement.
- Ability to act as an integrator between Product Management and Engineering and Architecture functions, translating business needs into high level Technology strategies.
- Strong executive presence, with confidence to influence across all levels of the organization.
- Track record of innovative, forward thinking, out of the box approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adept in establishing and maintaining relationships to utilize a wide network of contacts to drive results.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time