American Express Careers
Staff Engineer – Enterprise Platform – Salesforce Data
At American Express, Enterprise Platform team was created in 2018, as part of the company’s Framework for Winning. Core to our purpose is reimagining the platform solution-delivery model to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency. Our teams create solutions on Salesforce platform by harnessing the power of Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to offer powerful selling and re-selling engines to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships for 20K + Sales, CRM, and Marketers across the Enterprise.
Enterprise Platform Salesforce is amid a transformation journey with a special focus on Platform consolidation, establishing Product mindset, Data and Intelligence Driven Sales & Marketing and through all this push for innovation. If you are an individual with strong outside-in perspective, deep hands-on experience (~50 to 60% of the job will be coding) in Salesforce and Big data technology with a proven record in delivering Big data based applications. The individual should also have strong analytical thinking, be innovative and energetic with strong communications skills to adopt the concepts into production. This individual will be directly accountable for creating components, frameworks, algorithms to dramatically improve the Salesforce Platform Intelligence with strong use AI/ Machine Learning across Cornerstone and Salesforce eco systems, and bring it to bear across all LOBs supported on the platform.
- Develop strategies around Salesforce data assets pertaining to GCS & GMS Sales and Marketing
- Lead engineering teams in implementing solutions related to Enterprise Salesforce Platform data sourcing & data distribution
- Setup Platform level Salesforce data integration framework that can support Salesforce platform’s real-time and batch data needs
- Perform rapid POCs to experiment and build rails for the engineering team around Big Data technologies
- Establish Enterprise Salesforce platform Integration & Data blueprint.
- Develop framework for Salesforce centric Machine Learning models and implement AI/ML legos that will be an accelerator for intelligence driven Sales & Marketing
- Actively participate in team and platform-wide architecture and engineering discussions.
- Drive both high level and detailed design and conduct design reviews
- Communicate to platform leaders with regard to data strategy direction and models being developed
- Mentor engineers and system architects to ensure technology complexities are understood very clearly to implement Salesforce data & Big Data solutions expeditiously with high quality
- 60% hands-on coding, delivery and 40% strategy/blueprint development
- 10 or more years of strong hands on experience in Java and experience with backend and middle ware processing
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing big data solutions.
- Good hands-on experience in Salesforce development and familiarity with Salesforce ecosystem including Sales Cloud, Servicing Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Heroku to name a few
- Experience with micro services architectures, batch and real time application development on big data environment
- Hands on experience in Big Data technologies, including but not limited to Hadoop, Map-R, Hive, Spark, Scala, Zookeeper to name a few
- Proven experience in multiple Database technologies like Oracle/SQL Server/UDB, NoSQL databases like Mongo, Couchbase, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Solr, Jethro.
- Proficient knowledge in the following environments is preferred: Java, Jenkins, docker, Kubernates, OpenShift, Kafka, APIGEE, Integration Solutions like Mulesoft, Informatica Cloud, Salesforce, Tableau
- Hands on experience in building products powered by Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning with good knowledge on some of the ML development environment like Python, R
- Strong written, verbal communications, presentation skills, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time