American Express Careers
Staff Engineer – Enterprise Platform - Salesforce
At American Express, Enterprise Platform team was created in 2018, as part of the company’s Framework for Winning. Core to our purpose is reimagining the platform solution-delivery model to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency. Our teams create solutions on Salesforce platform by harnessing the power of Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to offer powerful selling and re-selling engines to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships for 20K + Sales, CRM, and Marketers across the Enterprise.
Enterprise Platform Salesforce is amid a transformation journey with a special focus on Platform consolidation, establishing Product mindset, Data and Intelligence Driven Sales & Marketing and through all this push for innovation. To steer the Engineering team through this transformational journey, Enterprise Platform is looking for hands-on engineering leaders who can be the change agent driving technical innovation. If you the strong outside-in perspective, deep hands-on experience in Salesforce ecosystems, Salesforce Integration with Enterprise application and good knowledge around data. You should also have strong analytical thinking, be innovative and energetic with strong communications skills to adopt the concepts into production. This individual will partner with the Salesforce Platform Services team and be directly accountable for creating accelerated plans, and reusable components to help us dramatically improve the Salesforce Platform Velocity.
- Develop Salesforce platform framework & assets to technically enable development in Enterprise Salesforce Platform
- Drive Salesforce centric solution with in GCS, GMS & GMO Sales and Marketing portfolio
- Lead engineering teams in implementing solutions in Enterprise Salesforce Platform focused on Salesforce out of box capabilities minimizing customization & custom build
- Pioneer in driving Salesforce Lightning enablement and Salesforce platform consolidation
- Perform rapid POCs to experiment and build rails for the engineering team around Salesforce ecosystem
- Develop strategy and guide teams in implementing Salesforce extended ecosystem like Einstein, Heroku, Communities, Chatter, Salesforce Developer Experience, Salesforce One to name a few
- Actively get involved in driving Salesforce platform velocity centered around CI/CD, Lightening, Platform health check, one touch deployment to name a few
- Actively participate in team and platform-wide architecture and engineering discussions.
- Drive both high level and detailed design and conduct design reviews
- Communicate to platform leaders with regard to Salesforce strategy direction and models being developed
- Mentor engineers and system architects to ensure technology complexities are understood very clearly to implement Salesforce solutions expeditiously with high quality
- Keep the engineering team up-to date with new releases in Salesforce and products/tools of Salesforce that will benefit Enterprise Salesforce platform
- 60% hands-on coding, delivery and 40% strategy/blueprint development
- 10 or more years of strong hands-on experience in Java and experience with backend and middle ware processing
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing solutions on various Salesforce Cloud including Sales Cloud, Servicing cloud, Marketing cloud, Analytical Cloud
- Strong experience in Salesforce application development in both Salesforce Classic & Lightning and experience in Lightning conversion is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in Salesforce integration with Enterprise application using various salesforce integration patterns (both batch & real time), Salesforce integration tools like Mulesoft, Informatica, SOAP/REST API
- Proven experience in Salesforce technologies like Lightning Flow, Platform events, Triggers, SFDX, Einstein Analytics, Einstein Discovery etc.
- Proficient knowledge in the following environments is preferred: Java, Jenkins, node.js, Kafka, APIGEE, API development
- Experience in working with Big Data, Databases (SQL & NoSQL), Business Intelligence tools, AI/ML is added benefit.
- Strong written, verbal communications, presentation skills, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time