American Express Careers
Business Development Manager- Government Specialist
Successfully secure American Express acceptance by penetrating a sales pipeline of key holdout Federal and State Government accounts.
Achieve aggressive business Charge Volume growth targets through a focus on winning new business and ensuring accurate and timely pipeline reporting.
Develop in-depth understanding of the Federal and State Government landscape and represent American Express within Government forums.
Proactively conduct research and various data gathering activities, including networking and lobbying tactics to navigate the landscape, the competition, and issues impacting the various agency businesses.
Demonstrate consultative selling techniques and create materials to clearly articulate the American Express value to prospective Government agencies.
Serve as a problem solver for each Agency and be able to effectively influence Agency decisions as it relates to card payments.
Negotiate compelling commercial terms with prospective Government accounts, typically with Public Sector Executives and Management.
Collaborate with American Express Issuers to secure and deliver robust marketing and Card Member engagement strategies that drive spend.
Build and foster internal relationships with American Express Risk, Compliance, Pricing and General Counsel teams, as well as other internal American Express colleagues.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience working in the Public Sector or with Government agencies is critical.
- Proven track record of senior selling experience in complex services solutions.
- Strong knowledge of or the ability to learn the merchant and card payments business.
- General business knowledge and an awareness of how external factors (political, legal, economic, technological, social) will affect client and American Express business.
- Excellent negotiation, relationship building and communication skills, with proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies and pipeline management.
- Ability to articulate knowledge about products, services and value proposition to prospects to senior Executives is a must.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen (understanding of cash flow, P&L) and have the ability to have a confident discussion in relation to interchange and merchant fees.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time