American Express Careers
Assistant Marketing Manager - Customer Marketing
Are you an experienced marketer with a background in customer marketing? Do you have a track record of producing and executing successful online and offline campaigns? Have you got experience of working across multiple regions?
American Express International Payments (IP) offers businesses a secure and cost-effective online solution for sending and receiving funds to their suppliers overseas or domestically. We offer expertise and personal support in addition to a convenient online system for making payments via bank transfer or American Express corporate/business card.
An exciting new opportunity for an Assistant Marketing Manager – Customer Marketing has arisen within the IP marketing team, reporting to the Marketing Manager based in Singapore.
This is a fantastic time to join the IP marketing team as we increase our focus on product offerings to meet customer needs and build on the American Express brand as a top, global provider of payments services.
The IP marketing team focuses on supporting the business to accelerate growth and adding value to prospects and customers through developing compelling propositions, growing brand awareness and developing exciting go-to-market plans to promote our products and services. The team is part of the Asia Pacific region and has multi-market responsibilities.
As the successful candidate you will be experienced broadly in marketing, with proven results in customer relationship management; possess strong project management skills, have an analytical mindset and be a great communicator. Equally important, you will have a passion for marketing within a strong global brand, a thirst for increased knowledge and will consider yourself an innovative thinker.
The role works within a dynamic marketing environment and offers a high level of flexibility. Responsibilities will evolve based on the strategic contribution of the successful individual and the direction of the overall team.
The position will be responsible for the following, across three Asia Pacific markets (Australia, New Zealand, Singapore);
- Execution of client engagement campaigns. Includes end to end management - creating the brief and developing the campaigns, managing full set up and execution, working with internal and external stakeholders to promote the campaigns and in-depth reporting and analysis.
- Managing production of wide variety of client communications, through multiple channels (e.g. email, SMS)
- Working closely with Account Development leadership and staff to monitor pipeline progression (via Salesforce)
- Building strong and effective relationships with key internal business partners & external vendors/agencies
- Working closely with Team’s Marketing Analyst and Decision Science team to manage end of month and all ad-hoc reporting.
- Presenting to stakeholders on program results
- Annual forecasting
- Managing budgets associated with campaigns and reporting, including yearly and quarterly forecasts and managing related invoice submissions
- Taking on ad hoc projects as required
- Ensure compliance with American Express standards.
QualificationsAs the successful individual you will have:
- Solid marketing experience with a proven track record of executing results‐driven, online and offline campaigns.
- Demonstrable campaign management experience, with previous background in customer marketing.
- Experience in supporting field teams through engagement and communications
- Innovative, problem-solving skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to address diverse audiences.
- Exceptional personal brand and professionalism – including disciplined time management and organizational ability as you will be consistently called upon to meet tight reporting deadlines.
- Understanding & experience within a financial services &/or complex matrix organisation – an advantage.
- High learning capacity and a drive to succeed.
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce an advantage) and marketing automation (Oracle Marketing Cloud / Eloqua an advantage).
- Highly skilled in Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time