American Express Careers
Technical Project Manager
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Global Compliance and International (Card) Products team is part of the Global Commercial Services Technology responsible for delivery of global projects and programs in regulatory and issues management product domain. We also manage and deliver card product related engagements e.g. co-brand launches in international.
The role is responsible for the planning, coordination and status reporting of ORE and CAPS (Issues Management) projects from initiation to implementation.
- Engineering, Programs, Portfolio Governance and Business Engagement
- Large scale global programs, applications that have challenges and opportunities and products that are strategic for business
- We make regulatory and compliance world interesting and fun, and we like to always meet the deadlines, that is when not exceeding the expectations
- A team that believes in being awesome and celebrating success
- An open mind for new ideas and learning from failures
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints/iterations across engineering, infrastructure, and third parties
- Breaks down barriers and shields the team from impediments precluding engineers from making progress against sprints and deadlines
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint/iteration, and creates an environment in which the team is continuously earning from the past
- Influence without authority through effective change and leadership management.
- Engages with Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, and delivery team to understand Business needs and identify appropriate solutions
- Uses their technical acumen to enable removal of impediments, ask probing questions, and support team in technical issue resolution
- Facilitate discussions to identify alternative or different approaches to solve problems, break down barriers and drive resolution of conflicts to ensure productivity of the team.
- Steer and deliver project communications at all levels within Technology and business to ensure transparency of development process and project performance, to coordinate escalation and issue resolution, to facilitate decision making, and to build trust.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement through reflective conversation and regular retrospectives, with the goal to surface issues/concerns and to identify clear action steps.
- Works in partnership with Product Owners, and the core and extended team to create and prioritize the product backlog
- Responsible for tracking iteration progress, actively contributing to design discussions, issue resolution and removing obstacles to ensure sprint/iteration commitments are met
- Coaches teams to adopt the AET SDLC process, Agile values, principles and practices, and actively encourage teams to reflect and improve their delivery capacity
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to work with numbers, understand finances and good understanding of Project Management Tools (Clarity)
- Ability to communicate effectively
- The knowledge to run projects in Agile, Waterfall or a bit of both
- Agile skills and ability to carry out daily stand ups and address the root cause of problems
- High energy, sense of humour, mind set to learn from failures and celebrate success
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Significant technical delivery experience with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages a plus
- PMI Agile Certification a plus
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time