American Express Careers
Resource Planner & Leadership Development Specialist
Resource Planner & Leadership Development Specialist (Telesales & Centralized Client Management Organization EMEA)
The Telesales & Centralized Client Management Organization is a sales team of 140 employees, of more than 24 nationalities and speaking more than 28 languages based in Madrid. The team acquire and manage relationships with European Merchants that accept the American Express cards in payment of the goods or services they sell.
Within our organization, the team’s mission is to deliver the best-in-class support to the Sales organization providing sales insights, reporting and analytics, project management, business planning and leading business transformation opportunities.
Resource Planner & Leadership role will support the business in providing recruitment coordination, to ensure highest impact vacancies for OPC are hired first and speed up the hiring process:
- Minimizing cost to hire without impacting quality of candidates or time to hire when possible.
- Minimize agency spend in the business and proactively headhunting critical suitable candidates, including use of social media, LinkedIn, employee referral scheme etc.
- Designing and placing adverts ensuring the most effective recruitment advertising approaches are taken.
- Overseeing Global Talent acquisition to its maximum potential to support the business hiring needs.
- Liaising with agencies and building relationships
- Providing accurate and timely weekly reporting
- Develop a talent mindset and use best-practice processes and tools for attracting, retaining and developing key talent
- Accelerate the pace of leadership execution, raise the level of their team’s energy, and ensure greater follow through:
- Focus on the right development targets to improve their leadership effectiveness in the short- and long-term
- Engage with the HR team and managers across OPC to help to undertake evaluation of post-delivery of learning and development initiatives to ensure we can report on overall effectiveness of programs.
- Managing development leadership programs in conjunction with other members of the HR team.
This role is for an ambitious self-starter who is comfortable working within ambiguous parameters in a dynamic organization.
To achieve success in this varied and exciting role, you will have exceptional attention to detail, a creative and adaptive mind, and ability to look after a wide variety of vacancies.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree or higher (preferred). Knowledge of recruiting approaches.
- Previous experience in Recruitment and Leadership programs management required.
- English Fluent, written and spoken. Additional languages is highly recommended. Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, articulate manner
- High level of MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical skills to review multiple data sources to develop insights, and translate them into actionable plans that will drive business growth.
- Ability to think creatively and to work as part of a team.
- High level of integrity, accountability and willingness to learn and adapt to changes.
- Strong time management, problem solving and planning skills.
- Proven ability and desire to challenge the status quo, and flexibility to work within “white space”.
- Track record of developing winning strategies and converting them into clear plans for execution.
- Results-driven mindset with the ability to work under pressure, navigate through ambiguity, and balance multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to build relationships across various stakeholders and influence without authority on high visibility projects. Demonstrated experience in building community and/or channel engagement (preferred).
- Previous Experience Required
- Considerable experience of interviewing and selection techniques including telephone and face to face interviewing as well as assessment centers
- Knowledge of job boards, posting and advertising vacancies to maximize potential
- Exceptional candidate search skills and experience.
- Experience identifying and implementing innovative, effective learning, and development solutions based on analysis of business needs.
- Experience running development sessions or experience delivering in house leadership programs
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time