American Express Careers
Service Deliver Leader - Financial Reporting
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
The Staff Groups Controllership organization is looking for a proactive, energetic, intelligent and dedicated individual that can integrate well into a high performing and dynamic environment. This organization provides strategic advisory and technical accounting guidance to our business partners, as well as support for the Company’s external reporting activities. We are looking for a Finance and Accounting professional with the ability to operate both successfully and efficiently across varying tasks and deadlines, and who demonstrates strong communication and collaboration skills.
Key responsibilities include:
• Leading the accounting and reporting for the Company’s restructuring initiatives and reserves
• Partnering with stakeholders across Business, Segment Controllership, HR, Payroll on new restructuring reserves set-up and providing advisory support related to ongoing reserve management
• Preparing the AXP annual footnote disclosures and assist with external reporting requirements including legal entity financial disclosures under US GAAP and IFRS.
• Partnering with other support teams (eg. Ops Risk, Compliance, Tax, Treasury) to analyze business risks and opportunities and align on regulatory requirements
• Partnering with GSN Reengineering team to have strong governance and oversight over their ongoing reengineering projects
• Leading end-to-end reviews of key financial processes and driving enhancements where appropriate
• Ensuring appropriate support documentation (eg. MFR’s) for key transactions
• Supporting internal and external auditors with audit and quarterly review requirements
• Leading a team of accounting professionals, providing tactical and strategic leadership of business operations, as well as professional leadership and development
• Developing financial control oversight processes, proactively identifying process efficiencies, and monitoring compliance with internal management policies.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks. This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
QualificationsA minimum of 6+ years of proven accounting and finance experience.
• Strong technical and operational accounting experience along with process excellence
• Excellent business acumen, ability to think both in terms of business strategy and technical compliance.
• Demonstrated problem solving/analytical skills and prior experience in a fast paced, results-driven organization
• Solid understanding of financial statement relationships between balance sheet and income statements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong relationship and collaboration skills.
• Flexible, results-driven and able to lead and influence without authority.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to time sensitive deadlines.
• Strong financial control focus, requiring ability to proactively understand and identify risks from an end-to-end perspective.
Shift Timings - 11:30 AM - 7:30 PM
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time