American Express Careers
Manager - Operations
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
• As a Project Manager for the COO office, the person will be responsible for driving all Projects and ensuring their Governance & Closure on time.
• Ability to manage relationships at various levels with regulators and third party banks / partners
• Strong control and compliance focus & exposure to Vendors management & dealing with Multi-Stakeholders
• High degree of co-ordination abilities to manage concurrent priorities across various stakeholders within and outside the market
• Demonstrated knowledge of various aspects of banking operations, processes and systems
• Strong control and compliance focus & governance exposure.
• Strong thought leadership, business acumen & execution skills
• Strong organization abilities & communication skills
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Qualifications• Strong business acumen, accounting knowledge and strategic perspective .
• Strong operational risk-related background. Strong team player with ability to influence opinions.
• Strong presentation skills, particularly in the development of compelling and insightful materials.
• Strong communication skills to convey strategic insight and thought leadership in identifying emerging operational risk issues and to deliver high quality, actionable feedback to management.
• Strong problem solving and analysis abilities . Ability to ask the "right" questions without having extensive knowledge in a particular business area.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time