American Express Careers
Manager - Risk Management
At American Express we provide a service of excellence, our customers are our most valuable asset and our teams are the key to achieving this great goal. For over 160 years we continue to grow, proactively responding to the needs and expectations of our customers.
We seek creative and innovative people, who are willing to join us in the challenges of the business and are committed to providing superior service. In this opportunity the company is looking for a Manager - Risk Management to perform in the Risk & Information Management business unit of American Express.
This position will be responsible for managing risk throughout the lifecycle of American Express’ credit products by supporting the market to drive profitable business growth while effectively managing credit losses to acceptable levels and providing an outstanding customer experience to our Card members.
- Designing, developing and implementing risk strategies and initiatives for the region to profitably grow billed business, while controlling net loss provision and improving client satisfaction.
- Effectively interacting and collaborating with colleagues from the central Risk Management organization, as well as Operations and Marketing teams to develop, enhance and implement approved credit strategies and processes.
- Deeply understanding and closely monitoring the key metrics of the credit performance for the portfolio and the implications on trends, diagnosing problems and identifying opportunities for improvement and/or corrections.
- Running ad hoc analytics and conducting independent risk assessments across various processes to identify potential emerging risks and performance issues.
- Managing relationship with Credit bureaus including developing strategies leveraging bureau information as well as tracking and reacting to external influence on the portfolio performance.
If you're looking for a challenge that allows you to develop your career, we invite you to join our team and be part of a brand with global presence and global opportunities. Find out more about the company, our values and how to work with us on our website. American Express, is waiting for you!
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or similar quantitative field of study.
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics or equivalent experience in similar business is preferred.
- Work experience with SAS/SQL required.
- Experience/Familiarity with Big Data is preferred
- Deep understanding/experience of risk management principles with underwriting and customer management knowledge.
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast changing environment and with a strong attention to details.
- Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence others.
- Flexibility and ability to build strong relationships, operate effectively within large cross-functional teams, and influence business partners to drive changes.
- Track record of driving results with strong thought leadership and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with experience to lead and perform data analytics.
- Experience with cutting edge credit risk system designs and interfaces such as APIs, digital capability, etc. is a plus.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Aug 30, 2018, 10:14:24 AM