American Express Canada is a company with a long history and a bright future. A Canadian employer since 1853, Amex has created a culture that nurtures extraordinary talent and turns careers into unparalleled experiences. A company where every employee is given the opportunity to learn, grow and excel, Amex is always on the lookout for driven, forward-thinking and creative people ready to take their career to the next level. So, if you share our passion for excellence, our dedication to great service and our excitement about innovation, there’s a world of opportunity waiting for you in a career with American Express Canada.
The Global Consumer Services Group Marketing Team represents a dynamic, fast-paced environment with exciting opportunities for career growth and development.
Within Global Consumer Services Group, the Rewards & Benefits Team is responsible for driving engagement and loyalty, brand relevance and sustainable growth for the business through the development, implementation and management of differentiated value, superior service and elevated experiences.
The Assistant Marketing Manager, Card Benefits Development & Management will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of benefits that are aligned to our Cardmembers’ passion areas (dining, retail, travel, entertainment, etc.) that support the value propositions of various products across Amex lines of business, including, but not limited to, our premium and ultra-premium products.
• Drive loyalty and engagement, brand relevance and competitive differentiation through the development and management of innovative Cardmember benefits, experiences and programs
• Launch new Cardmember benefits, ensuring on-time, flawless delivery and managing through stakeholder alignment, compliance and legal review, implementation and post analysis
• Ongoing management of existing benefits and programs, including but not limited to partner management, business development and capability enhancements
• Manage and nurture partner relationships, maintaining a regular presence and reinforcing value
• Explore and evaluate new partnerships that will drive differentiated value for Cardmembers, while maintaining ongoing business development for existing programs
• Work closely with internal teams to identify and implement new strategies and capabilities that will optimize and enhance customer journeys, from benefit discovery to fulfillment
• Maintain ongoing alignment and communication for initiatives and projects among impacted internal and external stakeholders, such as Product, Events, Customer Service, Global Merchant Services and creative agencies
• Ensure Customer Service teams are engaged, trained and ready to support the launch or changes of benefits
• Analyze quantitative and qualitative information to develop and recommend strategies to strengthen and evolve existing programs
• Proactively identify, evaluate and plan process and business enhancements to reduce inefficiencies and drive results, while subsequently collaborating with internal teams and stakeholders for successful execution of these strategies
• Provide regular analysis and reporting of benefits and programs
• Leverage insights and apply best practices from other lines of businesses and markets, such as Global or US teams
• Keep a pulse on competitor news and industry trends
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• University degree in Business or Marketing or equivalent work experience
• Very organized approach to managing workload, with the ability to multitask and prioritize in order to meet aggressive goals
• Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to build, foster and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners
• Self-starter and go-getter, with the ability to work both independently and as a team
• Superior oral and written communication skills, with proven presentation skills to senior leadership or partners with ease
• Creative and resourceful, with a proven track record of delivering results and meeting targets
• Highly proficient in MS Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to realize insights and create recommendations from the data available
• Firm understanding of American Express products and associated benefits, particularly in the premium and ultra-premium space
• Strong project management skills
• Partner management experience is an asset
• Business development experience is an asset
• Knowledge, experience and/or relationships in the dining and retail spaces is an asset
It’s an exciting time to join American Express Canada, where we dedicate extensive time, resources and effort to satisfying and surprising our customers. We make that same commitment to our employees, as well, striving to create an environment where people are respected, both personally and professionally. Be part of it. American Express Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women. If you have a disability accommodations can be made.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time