A career at American Express is more than an opportunity to work with a leading global brand. It is the chance to connect markets and find innovative ways to communicate all that we have to offer. A proud Canadian employer for over 160 years, as a member of the Amex Canada Technologies team you'll be a part of an energetic team that delivers innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace.
Our open-concept Amex Canada office offers employees a modern work environment, equipped with collaboration areas, unassigned desks and a full service cafeteria to foster innovation, provide flexibility and build a positive corporate culture.
As an Associate Product Intern at American Express you will gain insight as to how we engage our customers, while developing the skills needed to be a product manager. In this role, you will be exposed to different functions across the company and be involved in various stages of product development and delivery, from ideation to post-implementation analysis.
You will gain invaluable experience through a variety of initiatives. Efforts in this role will require and nurture a broad set of skills: creative thinking, analytics, strategy, effective communication, relationship building, problem solving, and leadership to name a few.
• Translating the customer experiences into Epics, Features and User Stories, following Agile methodology
• Supporting the creation and maintenance of product and feature backlog and Sprint Planning
• May include creation of wireframes and/or storyboards for web based applications and mobile apps
• Successfully manage and coordinate efforts within and across teams to deliver against project plans
• Turn relationships into productive partnerships across multiple internal and external stakeholders for successful collaboration and project success
• Superior communication and influencing skills that result in buy-in and acceptance across multiple stakeholders
• Present business recommendation to senior leadership
• Identifying and articulating the key customer experience choices, key considerations & solutions that eliminate pain points, solve unmet customer needs
• An ability to select, review, and analyze performance drivers and data sets related to performance of products/services.
• Currently pursuing Commerce/Business/Management degree with a demonstrated interest in marketing, product and/or general management.
• Demonstrated ability with multi-tasking, project management, attention to detail and prioritization skills in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated communications skills, both written and verbal
• Curiosity and hunger to know how things work and ability to use that knowledge to make connections and find solutions
• Ability to think strategically and analytically and passion for great customer experiences
Nice To Have:
• A proven ability to challenge the status quo and improve existing processes
• A focus on innovation and the desire to own a project from ideation through implementation, and evaluation
• Excellent relationship management, and comfort working across various levels within an organization to drive results
• Interest / Background in Engineering
• Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development process
• Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user experience (UX) and user-system interaction (UI)
• Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or other prototyping tools
• Target graduation date in 2019
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time