American Express Careers
Finance Director, Consumer Card Services
- Lead Strategic Planning & Investments by driving the growth and investment agenda. Specifically, supporting the Investment Optimization process, the launches of new products & product revitalizations, and partner with the business to drive transformational growth in key strategic areas.
- Lead the Business Planning & Results function, dedicated to delivering on current year goals and objectives. Drive month end and forecasting processes, Risks & Opportunities and partner with the business to effectively communicate Canada’s performance on a monthly basis through the Product and Market Business Unit Reviews.
- Lead the next phase of Analytics innovation by adopting new technology, drive enhanced business and financial analytics and nurture creativity and curiosity among the team.
- Provide comprehensive support to the Consumer Cards team to run a smooth Investment Optimization process, partner with all relevant teams to ensure that company funding is allocated to the best opportunities.
- Provide thought leadership and financial support to New Product Development initiatives, product revitalizations and product consolidation.
- Partner with the business to assess new business opportunities
- Manage locally and coordinate with the central team the creation of the Long Range Plan.
- Provide financial/decision support of Re-engineering activities such as portfolio rationalization, pricing changes, etc.
- Provide comprehensive support to the Consumer Cards team to run a smooth Planning/Forecasting process, partner with the relevant HQ teams and drive the local process.
- Drive the Month-end process with particular focus on the Risks & Opportunities to manage the P&L .
- Partner with the business and the central teams to assess the state of the business and determine the most critical items that need to be communicated to senior leaders on a monthly basis through Business Unit Reviews.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience and demonstrated pattern of success in roles with increasing levels of responsibility
- Able to work with business partners to influence decisions and drive results
- Strong analytic and modeling capability
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, deliver superior quality products, while adhering to time sensitive deadlines, and attention to detail with accuracy
- Intellectual curiosity, initiative, and strong work ethic are essential
- Able to collaborate across teams and resourceful to find the optimal data source, approach, and solution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time