American Express Careers
Account Manager- Foreign Exchange
At American Express, our Foreign Exchange International Payments department is the company’s fastest growing business line.
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a passionate, service orientated individual who is looking for a strongly branded and growing business to advance their career within the client Relationship Management Foreign Currency area.
Proactive and resourceful, the candidate must display the necessary drive to be successful in an exciting, fast paced and highly rewarding environment.
Working at a great city location within the Barangaroo precinct, in addition to numerous other employee benefits, this role will also have a strong career focus with potential future opportunities across the American Express company. The successful candidate will be tasked with the management of a portfolio SME business clients.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Service, manage and develop a portfolio of clients with regard to their international payments
• Provide exceptional customer service with regard to pricing, problem solving, and information flow
• Maintain client relationships in and across multiple levels within the client’s organization in order to drive incremental growth
• You will be required to create winning client strategies as well as internal account plans; client business plans and account reviews
• Provide additional support for larger Corporate clients as required
•You will also have a strong focus on client retention and cross sell opportunities
• Previous experience with pricing FX for SME/ Middle Mkt clients - preferably 2+ years.
• Previous experience in client servicing or sales environment, preferably in financial markets
• Strong knowledge of domestic and global macroeconomic drivers as well as all strong all-round business acumen
• Preferably degree qualified in a business related discipline
• Knowledge and understanding of compliance frameworks and risk management in financial markets and business highly regarded
• Knowledge and/or experience at an operational banking level with regard to international payments is a preference
• Passion for service and driving results
• Previous experience of managing a large client portfolio (150+) would be desirable
This role will be subject to additional background verification checks where necessary.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time