American Express Careers
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
The Cash Management Team, part of the European Treasury-hub based in Burgess Hill, is responsible for cash management of approximately 500 bank accounts across more than 20 countries across the EMEA region.
- Responsibility for the daily provision of market liquidity across the EMEA region.
- Supporting team to deliver daily cash needs accurately and on a timely basis.
- Engaging with stakeholders to address any operational challenges and to identify and collaborate on effective solutions.
- Reviewing and approving Treasury transactions ensuring accuracy of submissions and appropriate controls and procedures have been followed.
- Supporting ongoing change as a result of business and regulatory requirements through consultation, project management and implementation.
- Maintaining adequate controls across the EMEA cash management process that address risk assessments through annual SOX / Ops reviews.
- Supporting projects with Treasury requirements, including Business, Regulatory, Treasury, operational initiatives.
- Supporting employees in team to develop, operational and leadership skills through projects and initiatives.
- Supporting ongoing change as a result of business and regulatory requirements through consultation, project management and implementation. Ensuring treasury staff are managed through process and can deliver daily requirements.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Ideally hold Bachelor’s degree with strong academic results or have equivalent experience. Preference for Finance or Economics.
- Ideally studying towards, a professional Treasury or Accounting qualification and/or have significant experience within a Finance or Corporate Treasury environment.
- Strong team-player with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure to multiple deadlines.
- Robust analytical approach, with high attention to detail and ability to challenge accuracy of data.
- Clear oral and written communication skills; ability to work with internal / external partners across different functions and communicate with all levels of management.
- Creative - proven ability to think strategically, and to focus on goals and continuous process improvements. This role requires core competencies of communication, attention to detail, ability to drive change, innovate and problem-solving.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time