This position is responsible for managing all aspects of American Express’ merchant relationships with a portfolio of our key merchants in Retail industry and Online accounts.
This high-profile role is responsible for developing strong commercial relationships with the largest and most profitable merchants. The role will be accountable for identifying and driving new business opportunities to profitably grow the relationship and maximize the value delivered to key merchants.
The incumbent will also develop joint marketing plans and will focus on leveraging our global capabilities, our digital capabilities and closed loop network to drive spend growth and increase share of wallet through a marketing led business plan.
Key elements of the role include driving the business relationship forwards with each merchant and dealing with complex financial, contractual and operational matters. As a result, the incumbent will need to possess excellent relationship management, business acumen and communication skills. In addition, the person must be able identify key customer goals / challenges and be able to understand / translate financial data and other information into strategies that will benefit both the merchant and American Express.
The position will be responsible for establishing day to day level contacts across all of the accounts in portfolio and formulate, together with the leader, targets and the negotiations and relationship strategy across all markets served by the respective accounts.
• Enhance premium value delivery to the accounts to minimize MDR erosion and enable “value recapture”.
• Leverage Amex global capabilities to stimulate spending, drive increased share of wallet and enable increase in premium DR
• Ensure the full business opportunity of HQ accounts is maximized within India Business
• Monitoring changes in the market associated to the industry of the accounts and alliances.
• Together with your leader renegotiate commercial agreements, ensuring that they are signed in line with all American Express policies and business goals.
• Deepen existing commercial relationships and develop day to day level and senior level contacts at accounts.
• Drive new business initiatives that will grow our share of spend and increase the value delivered by American Express.
• Develop and implement targeted marketing campaigns that will both deliver additional Cardmember benefits and drive spend with accounts.
• Work closely with accounts and the American Express back office teams to ensure that all technical and financial issues are resolved quickly and efficiently.
• Sell in products and process enhancements that will drive operational efficiency and make American Express the preferred payment method.
• Drive and sell in Fee Based Revenue opportunities.
• Work closely with all American Express business units, supporting existing initiatives and identifying / driving new Blue Box business opportunities.