American Express Careers
- Identifying cross LOB reuse opportunities
- Identifying and resolving technology solution overlaps and conflicts
- Assisting/providing end-to-end solution architectures
- Aligning solutions to strategic technical and capability roadmaps
- Identifying new shared capability and business opportunities.
- Lead end-to-end Solution Architecture for Top AXP Programs in collaboration with Platform teams
- Effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions.
- Match platforms and technologies to program objectives
- Define platform boundaries and interface definitions and approaches
- Define Logical Architecture & Process flows
- Work with program & product teams to define and groom product features and ensure end-to-end architecture is delivered in sprints
- Review user stories and acceptance criteria
- Participate in code reviews
- Perform Design reviews
- Evaluate end-to-end system performance and availability
- Remediate (tactical and strategic) any architecture or technical concerns
- Review/assist with development of APIs as required to ensure they are meeting REST principals
- Collaborate with Product and Platform teams during and post launch to ensure product meets requirements
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or other Technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with technology characteristics, deployment patterns and operational processes underpinning highly available, high performance, scalable platforms for running modern distributed web/mobile/social applications.
- Advanced hands-on experience with application solution architecture design.
- 10+ years professional experience in information technology delivery, including system, solution, and application architecture, development, enhancement, migration and maintenance on multiple platforms.
- 8+ years of direct hands-on coding in one or more currently supported languages at Amex
- Experience designing and building large scale applications, including designing for scalability, high throughput/TPS, low latency, and high availability. Includes the ability to evaluate and tune performance for such an application.
- Mastery of Agile software development principles.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time