American Express Careers
Digital Insights Analyst
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
American Express Travel Online (ATO) is a one-stop travel shop for American Express Cardmembers looking to book flights, hotels, car hire, experiences and cruises online.
The Online Travel Team in the Travel and Lifestyle Services (TLS) group leads digital product strategy, website development, and online marketing for TLS leisure travel and proprietary online programs on our international online travel platform across multiple markets. The team is an exciting and fast growing component of the American Express organization.
The exciting new role will play an instrumental part in identifying opportunities and driving progress against our strategy on the online travel platform in the following ways:
- Helping to shape the business planning/reporting capabilities;
- Understanding and helping drive improvements in customer satisfaction related to the online customer;
- Analysing key site and marketing metrics – traffic, click-throughs, conversion, funnels, bookings, etc. – to monitor trends and identify opportunities;
- Play an ongoing role as the point-person for ad hoc analysis and test and learn strategy to analyse critical performance metrics of new features and functionality;
- Support leader with User Research analysis and reporting;
- Identify onsite pain-points through our various listening posts and concisely present data to relevant stakeholders.
The successful candidate should possess knowledge and experience of interpreting data from multiple listening posts from tools such as Omniture, Medallia, Tealeaf, Dynatrace and insights from User Research. You will have excellent analytical skills and a passion for improving the customer experience.
You will work alongside the Digital Product and Digital Marketing team and with internal/external partners across Latin America/Canada, Europe and Asia Pacific.
This role will be critical in continuing to evolve the Online Travel team’s growth by facilitating reporting and strategic business analysis to drive data-driven decision making. You will focus on providing insightful and critical business insights to senior leadership on a regular basis. Other responsibilities include:
- Driving analysis to evaluate and grow the digital channel’s sales, transactions and customer satisfaction.
- Supporting the execution of the site’s test and learn strategy.
- Support the use of our suite of digital analytics products (such as Omniture Site Catalyst, Tealeaf, Dynatrace, KissMetrics) and onboarding new tools.
- Compiling regular performance dashboards, as well as catering key data for different audiences/stakeholders across the business/markets.
- Supporting User Research analysis, and the reviewing of customer feedback from customer satisfaction tools.
- Providing ad hoc analytics and decision support to monitor and evaluate continuous enhancements.
- Creating and managing enhancements associated with enabling analysis required to drive sales & conversion.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong analytics skills: proven track record of leveraging data to drive customer experience optimisation.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate credibly with internal & external partners and colleagues.
- Experience in using digital analytics tools preferred.
- Ability to work on own initiative and in uncertain conditions – must be a ‘self-starter’.
- Ability to advise and influence stakeholders and teams not under direct control.
- Experience of working with geographically/culturally diverse teams.
- Qualification(s) in ecommerce/marketing/business/data discipline preferable.
- Strong interest and enthusiasm for travel, digital and customer experience.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time