American Express Careers
New Customer Specialist (German Speaking)
You’ll delight your customers with unforgettable and unexpected experiences.
This role involves the processing of German card applications which customers submitted to American Express.
The role is divided into customer servicing and analyst role; supporting customers through the application process as well as processing and analysing the applications. This includes different administrative tasks as well as talking with customers over the phone.
You won’t just help customers.
You’ll help YOUR customers.
Every one of our Customer Care Professionals represents the American Express Brand. They take their work personally because they’re more than a friendly voice on the phone, they’re problem solvers and relationship builders. And the people you’ll work with, and the customers you’ll care for, value your passion and unique personality as much as we do.
You’ll do more than the expected.
You’ll do the unexpected.
It’s impossible to list everything you’ll do here because every customer and every application is different. But a few things are clear, you’ll:
- Work in a flexible work environment
- Update systems accurately and efficiently
- Process administrative tasks for pending applications
- Respond quickly and accurately to customer questions and issues over the phone
- Suggest new ways to improve processes and customer care
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Do you have what takes to build a career here?
Must be a German fluent level speaker (additional languages can be an advantage)
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a fast paced metric driven environment
- Proficient at multitasking and navigation in a Windows environment
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Customer service experience with exceptional listening and relationship building skills is an advantage
Other Important Facts
Incentive: We offer a competitive monthly bonus on top of your basic salary
Operating hours for this position:
German Shift: Monday to Friday 09:30am – 5:30pm
Overall Department Hours: Monday to Friday 07:00am – 20:00pm; Saturday 09:00am – 17:00pm
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time