American Express Careers
Technical Project Manager - Digital Workplace
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints/iterations across engineering, infrastructure, and third parties
- Breaks down barriers and shields the team from impediments precluding engineers from making progress against sprints and deadlines
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint/iteration, and creates an environment in which the team is continuously learning from the past
- Influence without authority through effective change and leadership management.
- Engages with Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, and delivery team to understand Business needs and identify appropriate solutions
- Uses their technical acumen to enable removal of impediments, ask probing questions, and support team in technical issue resolution
- Facilitate discussions to identify alternative or different approaches to solve problems, break down barriers and drive resolution of conflicts to ensure productivity of the team.
- Steer and deliver project communications at all levels within Technology and business to ensure visibility of development process and project performance, to coordinate escalation and issue resolution, to facilitate decision making, and to build trust.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement through reflective conversation and regular retrospectives, with the goal to surface issues/concerns and to identify clear action steps
- Works in partnership with Product Owners, and the core and extended team to create and prioritize the product backlog
- Responsible for tracking iteration progress, actively adding to design discussions, issue resolution and removing obstacles to ensure sprint/iteration commitments are met
- Coaches teams to adopt the AET SDLC process, Agile values, principles and practices, and actively inspire teams to reflect and improve their delivery capacity
- 5+ years in mobile project management
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 6+ years of technical delivery experience with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages a plus
- PMI Agile Certification a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time