American Express Careers
Quality Engineer – Global Statements
Don’t just follow digital trends, Help create one.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, and join our transformation team.
This new role exists within the Global Statement Technology organisation where an agile team is being created to support the development of Global Statement Capabilities.
Our vision is to provide 1st class customer communications, developing re-usable capabilities, optimising investment, reducing time-to-market, and innovating. This will be achieved working on a range of proprietary platforms and the integration of third party tools that utilise a variety of technologies.
The successful candidate will need to be highly adaptable, confident working on their own initiative, pro-active and open to leading change, in a role that will work with people around the globe. There is a need to have strong relationship and influencing skills, including the ability to challenge and query. The candidate will be working with the Composition Tools – CSF Designer, Emtex and Streamweaver.
- Works with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated testing in both the mainframe and cloud environment.
- Involved in the review of the user story backlog and requirements specifications for completeness and weaknesses in function, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, usability, and security and compliance testing, and provides recommendations Plans and defines testing approach, providing advice on prioritization of testing activity in support of identified risks in project schedules or test scenarios.
- Develops test plans, testing resource requirements, and overall scheduling of testing activity.
- Develops manual and automated test cases and configurations needed to meet testing of business requirements.
- Executes test cases/scripts to ensure delivery of quality software applications, including Systems Integration, Regression, and Performance Testing.
- Generates test data to support the requirements and test case for various test phases.
- Builds and maintains Testing Automation process and execution.
- Responsible for managing the definition, implementation, and integration of quality principles into the design and development of software and IT processes for the team.
- Monitors and tracks resolution of defects.
- Designs, monitors, and analyses quality assurance metrics such as defect, defect counts, test results, and test status.
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques.
- Looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
Opening date for applications: 30/07/2018
Closing date for applications: 27/08/2018
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Proven experience in IT, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects.
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing.
- Extensive Document composition experience is mandatory. This must include experience with CSF Designer (version 16 or later), Emtex and Streamweaver. Additional composition tool experience such as DOC/1 is an advantage.
- In-depth Experience with Agile, other rapid application development methods and SDLC.
- Experience in working with HP Quality Center and testing automation tools including Selenium is required.
- Experience with coding skills across a variety of platforms is a plus. Mainframe and Windows experience is a minimum requirement for this position.
- In-depth Experience with Data Driven Frameworks.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred.
- Any of the following test certifications - QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB - are a plus.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time