American Express Careers
Technical Project Manager
- As a TPM, drive the development and delivery of technical products and solutions for our customers
- Coordinate with product, business, technical, and other stakeholders to prioritize, plan, and execute development schedules in-line with product development initiatives and regulatory needs.
- Use technical acumen to provide design alternatives and support team in technical issue resolution.
- Manage and track team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the project/program and its plan
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks and opportunities across scrum teams, solving and where needed escalating impediments
- Drive program, release level and enterprise improvement and standardization activities using SAFe as the primary framework
- Opportunity to provide in-house informal agile coaching to our product and business teams (optional)
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 2 year of experience with algorithms, data structures, design patterns, HTML, Java, object-oriented design and coding across a variety of platforms.
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience with technical delivery and IT project management using Agile Methodology.
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec.
- Proven ability to deliver complex software features iteratively and reliably
- Strong understanding of SAFe or iterative development processes, including quality and testing practices
- Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn new technology quickly and easily
- Adaptive communication
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, Web Service technologies, and data structure fundamentals
- Experience with adaptive and responsive development techniques
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of automated build / continuous delivery, experience of Git, Maven and Jenkins
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 13, 2019, 3:39:23 PM