American Express Careers
The real deal on American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career at here.
Not just what you can expect, what you can count on.
Global Supply Management (GSM) is responsible for helping AMEX maximize the purchasing power of our third party spend. Strategic Sourcing and Category Management is GSM’s face to AMEX employees and suppliers. We provide strategic consultation, bringing global value perspective, negotiation and delivery to maximize purchasing power of supplier spend and to free up investment capacity through deeper partnerships with Business Units. Strategic Sourcing and Category Management is also responsible for managing our supplier strategy with our business partners, identifying and on-boarding new suppliers, realizing significant cost saves and revenue generation, collaborating with Contract Strategy and Delivery team on contracting activities and ensuring an optimal user experience for AMEX employees and suppliers.
The role reports into the Strategic Sourcing and Category Manager to support strategic sourcing and category plans in commodities such as Marketing & Promotion, Professional Services, Human Resources, etc. related services.
- Identifying, collaborating and executing on agreed sourcing and category plan strategies with Business Partners
- Performing RFI, market analysis, total cost modelling, benchmarking and spend analysis
- Leading RFI/RFP/RFQ, supplier and negotiation process
- Conducting meetings between Amex and suppliers in support of RFI/RFPs and ensure project timelines and deliverables are met
- Tracking and providing regular reporting and updates to the relevant parties (including line management, regional/global GSM team and key stakeholders) on project status
- Leading or participating in cross markets/regional initiatives as defined by GSM leadership
- Leading sourcing activities across functional lines, markets, business units that have a major impact on American Express’ expense, revenue and profitability
- Maintaining and promoting the AMEX Values by ensuring that work is completed to the highest professional, legal, and regulatory standards, and that the activities subject to review/procurement comply with the Company's stated business ethics
Are you up for the challenge?
- Minimum of three years of procurement or commercial experience (Preferably in Financial Services environment)
- Evidence of strong procurement experience, competitive intelligence and capabilities across all categories. Sourcing experience in Asia Pacific region will be a plus.
- Procurement professional with operating knowledge of contract law, local/regional/global sourcing strategies, risk management, vendor due diligence, supplier development and complex negotiations skills
- Ability to manage day to day business priorities along with long term strategic deliverables
- Strong project management skills and financial experience including development of CBAs and financial models
- Passion for using analytics to develop insights and recommendations, solve business challenges, improve the customer experience, and drive bottom line results
- Strong communication and influencing skills with evidence of consistently delivering cost savings and value-add opportunities
- Ability to proactively drive internal stakeholder and external supplier relationships
- Positive attitude, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change
- Good communication skills in English and Mandarin Chinese are essential
- Experience with various eProcurement tools like Ariba, etc. will be advantageous
- Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the Hong Kong is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these position.
- University degree as a minimum; MBA/Post graduate degree as a plus (or relevant experience)
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded and recognised “Aon Hewitt Best Employer for Women 2017” and “Best Employer Hong Kong” seven consecutive times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time