American Express Careers
UX Designer - Entry Level
The Global Servicing Network Capabilities team provides support across the globe by embracing a servicing philosophy which deepens our relationships with Servicing Specialists and Business Partners.
- Identify opportunities to operate our servicing network more efficiently by leveraging our global assets and best practices in new/different ways.
- Undertake UX research activities to help evaluate, design and test new servicing experiences and/or enhancing existing ones.
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering teams to come up with the best design solutions.
- Ensure solutions are consistent and designed according to user centered principles.
- Produce high fidelity designs and interactive prototypes for both business and engineering teams to consume.
- Be the voice of the customer to internal teams and business partners - and feed in appropriate recommendations based on insights to drive development and decision making.
- Solicit and provide feedback from fellow designers in order to constantly raise the bar
- Agile Practices
- Iterative Product Design Planning and Development
- Design Thinking
- Information Architecture
- Interaction Design
- Design Industry Trends
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Product/Interaction Design, or equivalent experience
- At least 1 year of experience in UX and UI required; understanding of user centered design principles and processes
- Familiarity working in lean/agile product development environment.
- Fluency in current industry UX design tools, most notably, Sketch, Invision, and/or other UX prototyping software
- Ability to simplify and turn complex interactions into intuitive user experiences and to clearly communicate how individual journeys align/don’t align to user and business goals
- Excellent influencing/communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfort and experience in working with both business and technology groups
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity and drive results in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build strong Blue Box linkages at all organizational levels
- Strategic thinker with the ability to work through complex business and operational problems
- Global role with flexibility in work hours required
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time