American Express Careers
Engineer- Identity Security
- hands-on engineering with strong development and coding experience such as Java, C/C++, or Mobile development applications, understanding of product strategy, translating user stories into successful product releases, and leading a team of engineers in an agile environment.
- Additionally, this position will be involved with delivering frameworks and automated solutions for integrations and development processes, and enabling adoption of security solutions across the enterprise.
- This individual will interact at multiple levels within American Express while demonstrating strong technical skills, thought leadership, and delivering on strategic goals.
- He or she will possess outstanding thought leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills.
- Serving as a core member of an engineering and development team that designs and develops security capabilities such as Authentication, Authorization including Multi-factor and biometric, Federation, and Mobile security.
- Performs hands-on design, and development of systems
- Writing code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and testing Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new security technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement.
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
- Debugs software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects Defines the integration build and produces a build definition for generation of the software in collaboration with the Architect
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary
- Contributing to teams for deployment, updates and maintenance of new or existing Infrastructure (servers, databases) and Commercial off the Shelf Security solutions.
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Over 4+ years of experience in designing and implementing applications in cloud computing environment
- 2+ years of Java/J2EE and C/C++.
- Technical competence in the needed technical areas: Java, J2EE, and Spring, REST services, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), XML, JSON, SOAP
- Experience with Microservices based architecture is a plus
- Has solid understanding of the SDLC process and follows the process to effectively develop and design solutions
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle/manage multiple simultaneous priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Experience creating technical documentation, including product documentation, technical frameworks and process best practices.
- Experience with some type of source control tools
- Experience and passion to work in a fast paced Agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communications skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field; advanced degree preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 6, 2018, 11:49:23 AM