American Express Careers
Sr Product Manager
It takes exceptional people to create exceptional products.
We’ve built one of the most respected service brands in the world by creating products that set the standard for ease, convenience, security and innovation. Our product managers are at the center of it all, collaborating with business leaders, partners and engineering teams to shape the products of the future. If that fits your career vision, look no further.
The product of great thinking.
As a key link in the product development process no two days here will be the same, but there are some things you can count on doing:
- Work with customers, key stakeholders, and partners to define a product vision and roadmap
- Understand and apply new trends and competitive best practices into product roadmap and requirements
- Support development of appropriate tracking and reporting to determine product performance
- Work closely with the design and technology teams to develop, test and deliver defined capabilities
- Translate product roadmap into well-defined product requirements/user stories and acceptance test criteria
- Prior experience managing vendor system’s integration, including massive data migration and data protection initiatives.
- Ability to quickly grasp how new technology stacks work, and the implications of new technology adoption to existing platform and product capabilities.
- An established product management background working within a high performing Agile team in launching platforms, products or services in partnership with engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment;
- Experience in:
- Maintaining and communicating a product roadmap and backlog to stakeholders
- Utilizing Rally to create a roadmap and track progress
- Developing processes initiative definition
- Working with developers to create schematic solutions to business problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is required
- Have a passion for driving change and efficiency with partners of different disciplines
- Be well versed in enterprise software development, from budgeting and resource management to design patterns, testing, coding practices, deployment, lifecycle management, and beyond
- Use agile and lean principles in your product thinking. You're able to see large problems as a series of smaller jobs with expected outcomes.
- Be organized and process-oriented
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time