American Express Careers
- Provide planning and coordination support, including project management, analytical support, and support of strategic initiatives as required, including monitoring progress against key priorities.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of business planning and operational processes, including scorecards, budgeting and operating expense management
- Lead the development and execution of internal communications and logistics for key events, business updates and other deliverables, including accountability for organizing staff meetings, town halls and off-sites.
- Support the organization in preparing strategic business reviews/presentations to senior Blue Box stakeholders such as Business Unit Reviews, Top Project Deep Dives and Performance Reviews.
- Create impactful presentations by identifying, gathering, synthesizing and assessing a variety of data.
- Proactively develop strong network and working relationships with various constituents across the company in order to accomplish tasks on behalf of the team.
- Identify opportunities within the team and create plans to enhance communication, education and other areas to increase team productivity.
- Play an active leadership role in the team’s Colleague Engagement Strategy.
- Help the team achieve compliance goals by coordinating and tracking related activities.
- Balance the management of day-to-day business priorities along with long-term strategic deliverables.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to lead and deliver through ambiguity.
- The individual must be highly organized, culturally-aware and a strong communicator who can effectively multitask and prioritize as needs evolve.
- 3+ years experience in working as part of an executive office team required
- 3+ years experience managing day to day VP level priorities required
- 3+ years experience financial planning and budgeting experience
- 5+ years experience developing creative and impactful executive presentations, documents, etc. with advanced level MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills
- Proven ability to navigate effectively and across American Express
- Deep knowledge of Amex Technology organization systems, processes and organizational structure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including executive presence, with experience translating complex information and requirements into clear and actionable tasks
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, with excellent organization skills and careful attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to learn quickly and work proactively with minimal direction
- Innovative and collaborative approach to problem solving and overcoming barriers
- Insight and courage to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with proven ability influence without authority across departmental and geographic boundaries
- Strong sense of integrity and ability to deal with issues and subject matter that requires considerable sensitivity, discretion and judgment
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree Preferred or equivalent work experience.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time