American Express Careers
Director, Complaint Program Management
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
The Global Services Group (GSG) is comprised of several interconnected business units which collectively provide service on a global scale, playing a central role in helping American Express achieve its vision of being the world’s most respected service brand.
As part of GSG, Governance and Controls is a global team executing key business strategies and priorities, driving adherence to internal and regulatory policies while delivering a seamless customer experience.
The Director, Complaint Program Management has the responsibility for the program management, governance and execution of the complaint program, ensuring that the Global Services Group meets evolving regulatory requirements. The Director will be expected to provide governance and oversight of the complaint management process in the UK, while ensuring compliance with the Enterprise Wide Compliance Policy and the laws and regulations governing complaints.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure adherence to the Enterprise Wide Complaint Policy
- Partner with Compliance and other governance functions in establishing, launching and managing the complaint program
- Collaborate and engage with complaint program management offices enterprise wide
- Compile and analyze complaint data for enterprise wide reporting and dashboards
- Present complaint program status to senior management and regulatory authorities
- Respond to internal and external exams and audit requests
Opening date for applications: 30/07/2018
Closing date for applications: 27/08/2018
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Educated to Bachelors/ Degree level essential.
- Native /Advanced Spanish speaking language skills essential.
- Knowledge of French Language.
- Significant experience within complaint program management/processes in the financial services industry
- Demonstrated capability to automate complaint reporting
- Direct Regulatory Business Self Testing knowledge and experience
- Experience in compliance and/or risk management and oversight, including risk assessment and determining adequacy of operational risk controls
- Deep knowledge and experience within regulatory, control and compliance related functions
- Experienced people leader with the ability to lead and motivate a geographically distributed team
- Strong communicator, with experience engaging with senior management
- Excellent report writing skills
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time