American Express Careers
Direct Sales Executive
This is a great opportunity to lead the face-to-face channel at American Express Spain’s Consumer Cards division. This sales role’s primary goal is to profitably scale the face-to-face channel via offline card acquisition campaigns. Additionally, due to the offline nature of the channel, the candidate will represent the American Express Brand in the eyes of the customers, the sales agents, partners and any other stakeholders.
The role requires the incumbent to look after all internal and external aspects of the Business: commercial targets, legal & compliance, P&L of external agencies, and quality of the Cards being acquired. The incumbent will be measured via a series of KPIs like cards/accounts acquired, billings that come from those Cards and quality metrics such as Cardmember attrition (voluntary / involuntary). Additionally, collaboration with other areas within the business unit and company like Finance, Risk, Product, Global procurement & Compliance will be pivotal in order succeed in the role.
Channel Job Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed goals: card acquisition, billings and other quality metrics.
- Scale profitably the face-to-face consumer card acquisition channel, working closely with the relevant external / internal partners like agencies, merchant services, insurance division, etc.
- Be flexible and outperform in a fast paced sales environment that is rapidly digitalizing
- Manage and implement quality controls to ensure operational excellence
- Oversee tight control of sales numbers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Provide thought leadership for the multiannual forecasting process
- Manage and control Amex and agency P&Ls in line with Amex standards
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing external agencies/vendors
- Demonstrate an Intra/Entrepreneur Mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrate excellent negotiation skills
- Analytical, Detail Oriented, Results Driven and an Obsession for Quality
- Be digitally savvy with project management skills
- Strong business and finance acumen
- Fluency in Spanish & English
- Masters degree in relevant field is a plus
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 3rd of overall Best Companies and No. 1 for Wellness & Wellbeing.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time