American Express Careers
Director Global Commercial Services Technology – Strategic Planning & Value Management
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Global Commercial Services (GCS) Technology is responsible for the technology solutions for American Express B2B customers globally, building products and capabilities that support our SMEs (small and medium size enterprises) and large and global clients.
As a critical growth area for American Express, we are looking for someone to join the team as Director of Strategic Planning and Value Management. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Global Commercial Services Technology, this person will play a critical role in developing the GCS Technology strategy and pivoting the organization to focus on Value Train Management.
This position will function as Individual Contributor within Global Commercial Services.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Work in partnership with Global Commercial Services Product Owners, Engineering Vice Presidents and the GCS Architecture team, to create Technology 3-year strategy in support of GCS business strategy.
- Work in partnership with Enterprise Centers of Excellence and Architecture team to ensure GCS business strategy is a driver of Enterprise platform roadmaps.
- Ensure GCS Technology strategy turned into executable roadmap and track progress against that roadmap.
- Identify roadblocks to strategy execution and collaborate with key stakeholders to remove those roadblocks.
- Engage and influence all key stakeholders to focus on Value Train management, shifting focus towards capacity management, and ensuring consistent value driven prioritization.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven experience in change management and strategic planning.
- Background working in sizeable, complex organization(s), with proven ability to transform organizations from Waterfall to mature Agile delivery.
- Understanding of design thinking principles and ability to implement.
- Ability to act as an integrator between Product Management and Engineering and Architecture functions, translating business needs into high level Technology strategies.
- Strong executive presence, with confidence to influence across all levels of the organization.
- Track record of innovative, forward thinking, out of the box approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adept in establishing and maintaining relationships to utilize a wide network of contacts to drive results.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 17, 2018, 3:18:13 AM