American Express Careers
Manager - Strategy & Analytics
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
The International Growth Optimization (IGO) team is a central strategy and implementation team supporting American Express’s consumer business across 20 international markets. Reporting to the head of the international consumer business, the group leads the development and supports local market implementation of strategic initiatives that drive profitable, sustainable revenue growth.
The team is responsible for:
- Identifying and delivering against net-new revenue growth initiatives that align to Enterprise priorities
- Ensuring effective execution of aligned growth initiatives through partnering with local markets and global centres of excellence to facilitate strategic projects of multi-market relevance
- Delivering bespoke data analysis for the leadership of the international consumer business and market partners to further enable data-driven decision-making and resource prioritization
- Leading the design and implementation of margin-enhancing operational initiatives, including through the development of technical solutions, in partnership with local markets and technology platform owners
- Developing and embedding effective market prioritization across markets and with critical business partners in order to aid investment efficiency and effectiveness
- Providing ongoing, informed guidance on growth levers to achieve the defined vision for each market
- Develop fact-based guidance on market growth levers across (i.e. deep AXP market knowledge in addition to solid understanding of market dynamics, competitor and relevant partner activities to create informed recommendations)
- Develop strategic recommendations on diverse themes, as required by international leadership and which are deeply informed by internal and external analysis
- Provide value-added financial assessment and analytics to facilitate well-informed and effective decision-making
- Support and bring analytical rigour to cross-international strategic projects related to uncovering transformational AXP growth opportunities
- Partner with key stakeholders to support regional and/or market implementation of key growth initiatives
- Partner with relevant AXP business partners in functional groups, with particular focus on building partnerships with the Finance, ED&A and Risk organization
In line with the above remit, the Manager of International Growth Optimization will be responsible for strategic, analytical and financial support related to market revenue growth optimization initiatives in proprietary markets. For identified markets, the Manager and wider team will help drive priority initiatives, which will be diverse in nature but have the common theme of accelerating profitable revenue growth for AXP International.
The role reports into a B40, Director of International Growth Optimization, and will be based out of Belgrave House.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Strong strategic thinking and the ability to develop actionable recommendations to drive growth
- Finance and/or analytics experience – exceptional business and financial acumen, with strong quantitative skills and demonstrated experience in developing complex analytics leading to actionable insights
- Strong project and process management skills; Proven ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously as well as frequent ad-hoc requests
- Strong communications tool-kit – in written and oral communications and with stakeholders of all levels
- Outstanding matrix management skills, with the ability to mobilise, drive and direct resources across the organisation without direct reporting lines
- A “growth mind-set” and nimble learning agility to identifying and drive new thinking
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work across multiple markets
- Team player with a desire and ability to function in a fun, flexible, changing environment
- MBA a plus
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time