American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Java
- Perform Technical aspects of Software Development for assigned applications including design, developing prototypes, and coding assignments.
- Function as a leader on an Agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation).
- Lead code reviews and automated testing.
- Debug Software components and identify code defects for remediation.
- Leads the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- Automate deployments in test or production environment.
- Automatically scale applications based on demand projections.
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals.
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
- Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analyzing your work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
- Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team.
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline.
- 5+ years of Software Development experience.
Hands-on expertise with application design, software development, and automated testing.
Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases; Big Data experience is a plus.
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential.
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time