American Express Careers
We are on the journey to develop a best in class, modern storage solution for the enterprise, to support the digital first strategy, improve our cost efficiency and ensure better self-service for all our consumers as part of our technology roadmap. With over 30B servicing communications stored, continuing to invest in innovation, modernization and leading-edge technologies is critically important, especially as we move through our platform and product journey.
We are looking for
a Senior Engineer II to deliver world-class software solutions supporting our
platform vision. This includes using leading-edge modern technology stack,
fostering engineering culture, innovation using new capabilities, designing and
building new ways to enhance and expose our capabilities via API’s, cultivating
continual improvement in system quality, performance, and robust coding
Translate user needs into system requirements, partner with Solution Architect and Senior Engineer to ensure design meets technology standards and uses appropriate design patterns. Develop software applications to high coding standards, ensure code is testable throughout and meets the resilience of test automation tools. Measure and optimize application code performance and integration of component systems. Support deployment of changes into production. Ensure adherence to CI/CD toolsets
Are you up for the challenge?
· Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
· 10 years of software development experience and testing
· Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
· Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Senior Software Engineering II, the candidate must be able to demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Java - Strong Java 8 experience building enterprise applications with proven design patterns
- Spring - Experience with the Spring framework, specifically Spring Boot and RESTful APIs
- NoSQL - Experience with NoSQL databases such as Couchbase is an advantage.
- React - Must have some level of React experience for front-end (UI) development
- CI/CD - Build pipelines for continue integration and delivery: Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Testing FWs - Experience with Testing FWs for backend/front-end and backend automation testing
- jBPM - Understanding of JBoss BPM to build simple workflow (rules/process) solutions is an advantage
- Kafka - Understating of Kafka’s streaming-processing
- PaaS - Nice to have
· Business Analysis
· Data Management
· Release and Deployment
· Systems Development Management
· User Experience Evaluation and Analysis
· Analytical Thinking
· Coaching and Mentoring
· Problem Solving
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 15, 2018, 4:11:09 PM