American Express Careers
Business Analyst for Mid-Market On-Boarding (Secondment or Fixed Term Contract to Jan 2019)
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Global Commercial Services (GCS) provides customers with a range of payment solutions including Buyer Initiated Payment (BIP), vPayment, Corporate Card, Corporate Purchasing Card and Business Travel Account programmes to help companies around the world manage all facets of their business spending.
The Implementation organisation within GCS is responsible for the design, development and end-to-end project management and delivery of payment and technology solutions for our clients. The team is responsible for identifying best in class programme designs and enabling our clients’ ability to transact quickly and effectively. Leveraging the American Express implementation methodology, the team seeks ways to expedite launch time whilst implementing value added solutions with a high degree of quality and customer satisfaction. The broader team of over 200 professionals provide support at a local, regional and global level.
As the Mid-Market Business Analyst, you will provide project, analytical and strategic support to the MM Implementation Director and COE, as well as develop new MM reporting that will be productionised in collaboration with the Reporting COE.
- Build and productionise monthly updates of key performance reporting for our International MM in partnership with our Reporting COE
- Project support on both tactical and strategic initiatives affecting the International on boarding process to drive efficiencies, identifying and managing risks, issues and scope changes
- Support on regular Business Unit Review (BUR) presentations across International, which involves extensive data gathering, analysis and strategic thinking in order to prepare senior management for strategic reviews of the business with various senior leadership groups
- Actively participate and problem solve improvement of current processes - raising issues, identifying root causes and developing solutions to increase effectiveness across the team
- Define and support best practices and share those across the teams, as well as insights
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Degree educated, ideally in a Business related discipline
- Post graduate qualification e.g. Accountancy / Project Management - advantageous but not essential
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to manage, manipulate and analyse large volumes of complex business data
- Experience in driving process improvements and efficiencies as well as project management
- Excellent collaboration and relationship management skills to manage both GCS and Partner relationships
- Strong modelling skills (Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to create and deliver compelling presentations (PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, whilst juggling multiple projects and maintaining attention to detail
- Innovative thinker who can leverage outstanding analytical skills to solve problems and navigate through ambiguity
- Self-starter and team player who can work efficiently and effectively alone as well as part of a team
- Positive, can-do attitude, encompassing a strong will to win
- Excellent time management skills, having demonstrated focus and success at meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of GCS, On-boarding and working within global teams would be advantageous
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time