American Express Careers
The Representative Operations Corporate / BTA has a good understanding of our products and services for the specific area he/she works in.
He/she needs to be experienced in using our main frame customer databases and needs to understand all product features and benefits of the area he/she works in.
He/She is responsible for :
- Ensuring customer satisfaction, by delivery excellent service to our internal and external customers including corporate contact persons and travel agencies.
- Handling all queries from internal and external customers including corporate customers (program administrators) and travel agencies using the BTA product.
- Maintenance of the customer profile and all administration around it including card applications.
- Controlling outstanding credit balances on corporate accounts.
- Handling debt collection on BTA accounts and control/review credit worthiness in line with risk procedure.
- Ensure correct reporting is produced and reworked for operational purposes.
- Investigating payments to ensure they get allocated to the right accounts to be processed in a correct way.
- Understanding and working with basic instructions, information and procedures required in order to perform the job.
- Explaining the details of the job in a clear, concise and accurate way to support new hires on materials available.
- Respecting confidentiality with regards to all data.
- The weight of each activity will be determined in the PMP.
- He/She works under supervision of a team leader.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- possess preceding knowledge and experience of the products, services and procedures within the own domain and execute a number of well-defined tasks instructed and supervised by a team leader
- process data out of one specific sub-discipline and look for pattern and cause /effect
- act on own initiative within well-defined guidelines and procedures based on materials available and able to propose normal improvements under supervision of a team leader
- transfer own knowledge and transfer way of working in a formal and informal way
- answer correctly and in a structured way more complex questions from internal and external corporate customers according to set rules and procedures. Able to correctly report on data and incidents
- treat others fair, respect confidentiality and approach others in an honest way
- process data in a timely and accurate manner
Education and learning time
- The function requires a knowledge that is at least equivalent to a secundary degree (or equivalent experience) with 3 to 6 months learning time.
- Dutch - Experienced (written & oral)
- French - Experienced (written & oral)
- English - Experienced (written & oral)
- MS Office - Experienced
- Proprietary IT platforms
- Job specific IT systems
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time