American Express Careers
Risk Analyst - Credit Risk Management
You will be part of the Credit Risk Management team, based in London and will support the Consumer card business in Spain & Nordics. The scope of responsibilities is wide and diverse, offering the candidate a unique and tremendous opportunity for growth and development in this exciting area of the organization.
- Conducting portfolio analysis to track portfolio performance on monthly basis
- Regularly monitor the key risk metrics like the new accounts approval rate, decline rates, credit loss trends and changes to the credit provision, with a dual objective of identifying opportunities to manage the credit losses and to grow the business
- You will work closely with the centre of excellence risk teams based in India and New York, for development of credit risk strategies and risk models across the customer lifecycle
- Conduct in-depth analysis to support new product launches
- Work with key business partners in credit operations, acquisition, marketing, compliance and legal
- Degree in quantitative field (statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, economics)
- Experience working in the analytics function and working on large datasets. Programming skills on SAS or SQL are preferred
- Proven ability to apply quantitative techniques and statistical tools and translate results to business solutions
- Good relationship management skills and curiosity to learn will be the key to success
Why American Express?
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
The powerful backing™ of American Express. Don’t live life without it™.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time