American Express Careers
VP/GM - Global Merchant Services, Nordics And Baltics.
The Global Merchant Services (GMS) Nordics and Baltics team manages an important portfolio across our traditional core markets in Sweden and Finland plus additional countries including Norway, Denmark, Iceland and the Baltics.
This Vice President position is responsible for providing the strategic leadership for a team covering Client Management, Partner Management and Merchant Acquisition. The team is the key relationship interface between our clients, partners and prospects. The role will focus on enhancing coverage whilst growing volume and revenues across the region.
The successful candidate will lead the Nordics and Baltics team, drive key negotiations where appropriate, establish and manage senior merchant and partner relationships and drive profitable business building initiatives across the portfolio. In addition, the role will also set the strategic direction for region, collaborating closely with the issuing businesses, as well as partnering closely with the full range of GMS support functions including Marketing, Pricing, Risk, General Counsel, Compliance, Partner Enablement and Payment Consulting to drive growth.
- Build and implement the Nordics and Baltics strategic plan to drive coverage and achieve all business metrics
- Optimise the business performance of the partner and merchant base, ensuring American Express’s positive strategic position with the companies
- Negotiate merchant card acceptance and partner agreements, ensuring full retention of the portfolio and driving profitable coverage growth across the region
- Drive new business merchant acquisition via the new business team
- Lead a high performing team
- Partner closely with the Telesales/CCLM teams in Madrid to set the strategic direction and key objectives for the region
- Establish and develop senior relationships at key merchants and partners.
- Oversee and own all compliance and governance items
- Create an organisation that positions American Express to fully maximise its growth opportunity in the region
- Represent the team across all GMS interfaces and the wider American Express organisation
- Set the GMS Nordics and Baltics business goals and growth targets and ensure delivery against each of them
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- An outstanding people leader who creates engagement and commitment to drive superior results; develops others and role models our leadership behaviours
- A senior and proven strategic thought leader
- Strategic and analytical mind-set, with the ability to translate strategic business plans into actions that drive growth
- Operate with a growth mind-set; a proactive, innovative thinker and decision-maker
- A successful track record and direct experience of business to business leadership, preferably in the payments sector
- Proven senior level negotiator, with a clear track record of winning and retaining business
- A deep understanding of the European payments market including the regulatory landscape
- A consummate communicator and senior business development relationship manager to Board level
- Proven ability to successfully operate in a matrixed, regional and/or global environment
- A track record of delivery in highly complex and difficult markets / environments
- Swedish language proficiency would be an advantage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time