American Express Careers
American Express is a leading global payments, network and travel company, backed by one of the world's most recognized brands. American Express is unique in the payments industry as an issuer of cards, as well as a worldwide network that processes millions of merchant transactions daily. We offer the broadest array of charge, credit, prepaid and co brand cards for consumers, small businesses, midsize companies and large corporations. Our Global Commercial Services organization provides a range of card programs and expense management tools to help mid-size companies and large corporations around the world manage almost all the facets of their business spending - from travel and meetings, to everyday office supplies and raw materials. As the leading issuer of Commercial Card programs, our solutions deliver a number of benefits to our corporate customers including increased visibility into their business spending, added control, improved efficiency and cost savings. Our card programs also help keep employees safe, secure and productive while on the road. With over 160 years of innovation behind us, our future could not look more promising. We're moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies to bring greater value to our business customers. Their success expands our success, so we put heart and soul into helping them achieve results that exceed all expectations.
The Manager of Business Development we seek will be responsible for advanced level strategic business-to-business Global Commercial Services sales within the Healthcare and Higher Education industries, generating top line growth for card, purchasing and accounts payable payment solutions. This role will drive results for the entire sales cycle including building and developing senior-level relationships, setting the sales strategy and negotiating with the prospect for profitable new, cross sell and expansion business. Success will be measured by achieving sales targets and by demonstrating strong leadership skills. Business Development Managers will deliver a minimum of 100% quota, while developing a pipeline of prospects. You must complete a Commercial Card certification program.
Sales territory covers areas including Illinois, Wisconsin, North Dakota, South Dakota and potential areas outside of these states.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
· Proven success in an advanced level, consultative sales position is required.
· A minimum of 5-8 years outside sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment with previous experience selling to large enterprise level clients a plus. Preferred experience includes: Commercial Card, Corporate payment systems, e-commerce and software solutions.
· Experience in moving a prospect through all sales cycles: from generating leads through aggressive cold calling, fostering the relationship, uncovering the needs, delivering the value, closing the business, negotiating pricing / contract and implementing a successful program.
· The candidate must be focused and competitive with a strong drive to over-achieve.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills are a must.
· Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to analyze and solve problems.
· Heavy cold calling experience required.
· The candidate will possess strong presentation skills to effectively represent the Corporate Payment Solutions, Corporate Card and Corporate Purchasing Solutions to prospective customers.
· Educational requirement: Bachelor's degree preferred
· A motor vehicle records check will be conducted for all successful candidates at the time of offer. Disclosure of all moving violations within the last 3 years (including, but not limited to: speeding tickets, refusal to submit to BAC (blood alcohol content), reckless driving, leaving scene of accident, and driver’s license suspension for moving violations) is required during the application process.
As someone who sets and achieves big goals, you should be with a high-achieving company and none fit the profile better than American Express! Our focus and progressive employee programs, first day health benefits, work / life balance and employee satisfaction are why we are consistently chosen as one of Fortune's top 100 employers. Join a company that achieves results by treating its employees to the best of everything! American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time