American Express Careers
Senior Engineer I - Identity
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by energetic teams of high performers. If you are highly motivated to design and build strong security solutions to drive innovation for a rapidly growing company and customers, join our team! Engineers joining our technologies team can be assigned to one of several exciting projects and initiatives building new security capabilities including Access Management, Authentication and Authorization, Open Authorization (OAuth), Single Sign-on, and Federated Identity Management capabilities.
- Hands-on engineering with strong development and coding experience such as Java, C/C++, or Mobile development applications, understanding of product strategy, translating user stories into successful product releases, and leading a team of engineers in an agile environment.
- Additionally, this position will be involved with delivering frameworks and automated solutions for integrations and development processes, and enabling adoption of security solutions across the enterprise.
- This individual will interact at multiple levels within American Express while demonstrating strong technical skills, thought leadership, and delivering on strategic goals.
- He or she will possess outstanding thought leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills.
- Serving as a core member of an engineering and development team that designs and develops security capabilities such as Authentication, Authorization including Multi-factor and biometric, Federation, and Mobile security.
- Functions as Senior member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices - tools, common components, and documentation
- Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements, based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Writing code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new security technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement.
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
- Conducts code reviews and builds test automation
- Debugs software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects Defines the integration build and produces a build definition for generation of the software in collaboration with the Architect
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary
- Contributing to teams for deployment, updates and maintenance of new or existing Infrastructure (servers, databases) and Commercial Off The Shelf Security solutions.
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Manages and mentors teams of engineers through ongoing development efforts
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time