American Express Careers
Marketing Manager, Global Merchant & Network Services
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Not just what you can expect, what you can count on.
The Global Merchant & Network Services Marketing team is part of the Global Merchant & Network Services organization and is responsible for developing the strategy and end-to-end execution of all network wide B2C marketing campaigns. In addition, the team is responsible for the B2B merchant communication strategy and implementation of direct mail, email, website and social media channels.
The Marketing Manager role will be responsible for overseeing all Taiwan and China merchant marketing activities and supporting key Hong Kong initiatives. As such, the Manager will be responsible for developing the merchant marketing strategy in Taiwan and China including the annual marketing plan, budget and resourcing. The Manager will also be responsible for overseeing, coaching and developing a team of marketing professionals in Hong Kong and Taiwan while ensuring all campaigns are flawlessly executed and are in line with the company’s brand and marketing guidelines.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned marketing professional, capable of thinking strategically, able to fully lead and own projects, coach junior marketing professionals, and communicate effectively with senior stakeholders. In addition, the Manager will be expected to develop a deep understanding of merchant needs and meet and advise merchants on marketing solutions.
This role requires extensive communication with the Taiwan and China teams so a high degree of fluency and comfort working in both Mandarin and Cantonese is necessary.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Passionate marketer with growth mindset.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese).
- University degree in Business, Marketing or Communications. Minimum 8 years business and marketing experience, preferably with a financial institution.
- Proven success in leading marketing campaigns (in addition to execution experience).
- Experience with business to consumer direct marketing, above-the-line, online and social media marketing.
- Experience with business to business marketing and communication is a plus.
- Extremely strong project management skills with the ability to execute multiple campaigns under tight timelines.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with proven ability to present to highest levels of management.
- Ability to think strategically and develop strategic plans based on data insights and understanding of Greater China marketplace.
- Strong in data analytics
- Proven track record of coaching and developing people.
- Experience in budget management.
- Experience in digital and online marketing tools is a plus.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded and recognised “Aon Hewitt Best Employer for Women 2017” and “Best Employer Hong Kong” seven consecutive times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2018, 8:19:42 AM