American Express Careers
Customer Care Professional
The Customer Care Professional – Maintenance & Card Benefits has a good understanding of our products and services for the specific area he/she works in.
He/she needs to be experienced in a usage of our main frame customer databases and needs to understand all product features and benefits.
He/She is responible for:
- Handling internal and external customer and partner queries submitted by letter, email and mainframe customer databases and providing advise in a customer focused manner
- Handling all administration with regards to maintenance of the customer profiles and setup
- Ensuring that all customer contacts and requested changes to the profiles are documented in a complete and accurate way
- Handling questions and administration with regard to the loyalty programme
- Working within existing policies and procedures
- Recognizing when to escalate and ask for support from team leader or senior colleague
- Supporting on-boarding of new colleagues by explaining the details of the job in a clear and accurate way
- Working in a disciplined way with a high level of accuracy
- Be trusted to respect confidentiality with regard to all customer data
- He/She works under the supervision of a team leader
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- few or no precedent product knowledge is required, the function can be executed autonomously within a well-defined framework of policies and procedures with a minimum level of experience and education complemented with internal training
- understand and correctly interpret known data within well-defined procedures
- execute the tasks in a systematic way within a clear task description
- transfer own knowledge and transfer way of working in a formal and informal way
- answer correctly and in a structured way all received questions from customers and partners according to set rules and procedures. Able to correctly report on data and incidents
- treat others fair, respect confidentiality and approach others in an honest way
- able to adapt and change priorities
Education and learning time
- The function requires a knowledge that is at least equivalent to a secundary degree (or equivalent experience) with 3 to 6 months learning time.
- Dutch - Experienced (written & oral)
- French - Experienced (written & oral)
- English - Experienced (written & oral)
- MS Office - Experienced
- Proprietary IT platforms
- Job specific IT systems
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time