American Express Careers
Global Merchant Pricing Manager/Senior Manager – U.S. Pricing Strategy & Business Development
The Global Merchant Services (GMS) Pricing team is responsible for the single largest source of American Express’ revenue: Merchant discount revenue. The team works closely with multiple business partners to determine the ideal pricing structure to encourage merchant acceptance of American Express, while striving to improve coverage and merchant satisfaction. Ultimately, we drive merchant revenue and profit growth through customer-centric pricing principles, more flexible pricing architecture and innovative pricing solutions.
The Manager/Senior Manager in Pricing Strategy and Business Development works on a team responsible for providing analytical, strategic, communications and executional support for high profile pricing strategy projects with significant impact to the U.S. merchant business.
- Provide consultative support to Pricing SVP in ad hoc analytical projects under tight deadlines
- Ideate and develop business cases for new pricing strategies aimed to deliver on team’s strategic priorities, anchored to value delivered by AXP and market dynamics
- Optimize existing pricing strategies to drive accelerate revenue growth, coverage and merchant satisfaction
- Serve as key project manager and business liaison to ensure successful launch and implementation of high profile Pricing Initiatives (PI)
- Strong aptitude for analytics; demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and draw value-added insights from large amounts of data
- Strategic thought leader with the ability to work independently through unstructured problems and develop clear action plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence. Ability to handle high pressure environment with multiple requests and aggressive deadlines
- Strong project management skills with full ownership from analysis through to implementation
- Minimum 4 years of professional work experience required
- Payments or strategic consulting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time