American Express Careers
SD Analyst - Infrastructure Operations
It takes hundreds of critical applications and utilities to support our customers. Our Service Delivery Managers know there’s no excuse for missed availability targets, outages, or unresolved problems. So if you have the skill and the resolve to keep everything running smoothly, you owe it to yourself to look into a career with American Express.
Spot disruptions before they happen. Identify and mitigate risks. Identify reengineering opportunities. That’s just some of what you’ll be responsible for here.
- Make certain that incidents and problems are classified, prioritized, resourced, and remedied.
- Implement preventative to avoid reoccurrences
- Plan, assign and manage resources across multiple development groups
- Monitor, control and report expenditures throughout development
- Resolve problems for business/development groups or vendors
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
-  years of experience with multiple business and technical environments, as well as business functions and capabilities
- Major Incident Management experience
- IT work experience, including driving technical resolution of problems.
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- strong Problem Management foundation
- diverse technical capabilities across Mainframe, Distributed, Interactive, Network for infrastructure and application components,
- strong verbal and written communication skills,
- strong facilitation skills across support teams,
- ability to work and coordinate priorities well under pressure,
- ability to think creatively,
Bridge Facilitators are primarily focused on facilitating Technical Restoration Bridges based on escalations from Business Customers, Relationship Managers, Help Desk Analysts, or Production Support technicians, dependent on the type of technology failure. The coordination efforts may require a combination of support from IBM, American Express Technologies, AT&T, HP, and/or EMC associated Technology vendors, and direct or vendor-managed Business partners for supported business critical portfolios and business units. Bridge Facilitators leverage a variety of industry and proprietary tools for performing escalation paging, coordinating leadership escalation, documenting bridge activities, and publishing post-incident Service Disruption Update reports.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2018, 2:26:28 PM