American Express Careers
Manager/ Senior Manager, Pricing & Competitive Intelligence
The Global Merchant and Network Services (GM&NS) Pricing team is responsible for the single largest source of American Express’ revenue: Merchant discount revenue. The team works closely with multiple business partners to determine the ideal pricing structure to encourage merchant acceptance of American Express, while striving to improve coverage and merchant satisfaction. Ultimately, we drive merchant revenue and profit growth through customer-centric pricing principles, more flexible pricing architecture and innovative pricing solutions.
The Payments landscape is evolving fast, and the need to monitor, understand and react to our competitive environment is greater than ever. With that, the Senior Manager/Manager of Pricing Competitive Intelligence will a recognized subject matter expert and responsible for supporting the build and maintenance of a global, best in class view of competitive network and acquirer pricing through research, analysis and modeling; and driving the strategic work on evolving our core pricing principles to align price with value delivered to our merchants. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Pricing Competitive Intelligence and will have considerable exposure to senior leaders in GMNS and across the Blue Box.
- Develop and Maintain Competitive Intelligence Models to support optimal decision making.
- Stay abreast of Regulatory changes globally and assess implications together with industry dynamics through internal and external resources in compliance with company policies.
- Provide consultative support to Regional Pricing teams on all CI requests.
- Create compelling, merchant facing materials for all regions, which articulate and quantify the American Express value proposition.
- 3+ years’ experience in Management Consulting/ Corporate Strategy/Corporate Finance
- Experience in and/or significant exposure to the payments industry with a solid understanding of business model drivers.
- Strong aptitude for analytics; demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and draw value-added insights from large amounts of data.
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills – ability to manage external vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral -- with experience leading discussions with Senior Leaders.
- Results driven with the ability to work under pressure, navigate through ambiguity, draw linkages and balance multiple priorities.
- MBA or relevant graduate degree are desired.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time