American Express Careers
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Would you like to be part of an exciting team that delivers technology tools that enables colleagues to share information, collaborate better and communicate across digital channels?
Technology Digital Workplace is seeking to recruit an experienced instructional designer, to support our development of a world class learning experience for colleagues & engineering teams globally, we need your energy and expertise to do so. You will have access to cutting edge tools working in a fast-faced environment where thinking outside of the box is championed.
The ideal candidate will use their expertise and creativity, combined with relevant data, to assist with the development of our targeted approach to global learning and product adoption. This role will include platform design/selection, content design & creation, training delivery and deployment coordination. Candidates will have experience of developing content using a multimedia approach through a variety of delivery mechanisms (e-learning, gamification, classroom and other delivery methods), supporting accelerated learning. All while having some fun.
- Support development of overall learning and education strategy by providing input on priorities and driving action plan
- Conduct assessments of existing learning platforms and other relevant media & education delivery mechanisms to determine relevancy, providing input to new instructional/educational vehicles where required
- Combine data analytics and Digital Workplace adoption goals & objectives to determine learning needs of colleagues & engineering base
- Prioritise topics and feature selection, along with their planning and design to promote skill advancement for colleagues and engineering teams
- Application of a test & learn approach to content creation, production, distribution and consumption
- Define, conduct and evaluate impact analysis, including metrics based reporting, analytics, retrospectives and feedback model
- Delivery of train the trainer sessions (or similar) where required
- Introduction of performance metrics for benchmarking and assessing training effectiveness
- Leverage analytics and product roadmaps to perform strategic analysis of trends, assess existing or potential future gaps, and rapidly deploy solutions to these
- Support the development and implementation of an effective communication and marketing plan which actively promotes value to drive adoption of the programme
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- University degree or training development and delivery experience; or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience, which can include but is not limited to -- training development, training delivery, or classroom/workshop teaching and facilitation.
- Experience within instructional design and the ability to convert strategies into effective & engaging learning experiences for a diverse audience of learners.
- Proven e-learning Design and Development experience across emerging learning solutions including gamification, video, simulations and immersive scenarios requiring multiple branching elements strongly preferred.
- Proficiency of industry standard design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate and Captivate 10) applied in a recent design/development position.
- Ability to communicate effectively in visual, oral and written form and deliver engaging presentations.
- The ability to apply concepts, techniques and theory of other disciplines to instructional design strategy.
- Experience of conducting external marketplace research on related learning subjects.
- Demonstrate thought leadership and the ability to drive innovation.
- Experience of working in an Agile delivery framework.
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Exceptional organization and coordination skills.
- Proven track record in group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Have a passion for learning.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis on PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Lync.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time